With PhoneSwitcher.com service you can transfer phone contents from old to new device quickly and safely. Open the service on your PC by clicking the link: https://phoneswitcher.com/ and follow the instructions on the PC display.
The service doesn’t remove any data from your devices and it also doesn’t store any data on the computer after the transfer is completed.
Read and accept the End User License Agreement (EULA).
Download the PiceaOne program from the link in a pop-up window.
Install the PiceaOne program. After the installation the PiceaOne blue-black icon appears in the notification area.
Connect source device with a USB cable to the PC.
Follow the instructions on the PC display and setup the device.
Connect target device with a USB cable to the PC.
Follow the instructions on the PC display and setup the device.
Arrange the devices so that the source device will be on the left side and target device on the right side. Click the button ‘Swap devices’ if you would like to rearrange devices.
Transfer direction is always from left to right. It’s very important to select the direction correctly before payment.
When data is read from both connected devices, you can start the transfer by pressing the button ‘Start transfer.’
The following content types can be transferred: contacts, calendar entries, messages (text and multimedia messages), music, photos, videos, documents, and Android apps.
Supported content types depend on source and target device manufacturers and models; please check the following this link (table).
Click the button Swap devices to rearrange devices. Arrange the devices so that the source device will be on the left side and target device on the right side. Transfer direction is always from left to right. It’s very important to select the direction correctly before payment.
When devices are connected all content is selected by default (indicated by blue icons). By clicking blue icons you can deselect the content (indicated by white icons). Content types that cannot be transferred are indicated by grey icons.
Connect the source device and USB memory stick to the PC.
Arrange the devices so that the source source device will be on the left and USB memory stick on the right side.
Content is transferred onto the memory stick the same way as to any other device.
Backup copy is encrypted and can be restored from the memory stick to the device using the PhoneSwitcher service.
Following content can be copied on a USB memory stick as backup: contacts, calendar, messages, bookmarks, photos, videos and documents.
Note that for example settings, email accounts or applications are not copied into the backup.
Android devices and Windows Phone:
PiceaSwitch copies contacts from SIM card to target phone memory when contacts are selected.
Nokia S40, Symbian and iPhone:
SIM card contacts must be first copied/imported from source phone SIM card to source phone memory. This should be done in case when the old SIM card (with contacts) will not be placed into the new phone.
Developer options and USB-debugging mode need to be turned on. Follow the instructions on the PC display. Instructions are device specific.
If Developer options cannot be found in the Settings, move to About device setting and touch Build number up to 10 times until a note You are now a developer is displayed. Go one step back, open Developer options and turn on USB debugging. Accept the queries.
Turn on Developer options and USB debugging mode. Connect your device to PC with a USB cable and follow instructions on display. Instructions are device specific.
If Developer options cannot be found in the Settings, move to About device setting and touch Build number up to 10 times until a note You are now a developer is displayed. Go one step back, open Developer options
1. Connect your device to PC with a USB cable. (Please pay attention that for software versions of Windows Phone 7.5 and 7.8 there is no need to connect the cable, because computer does not recognize the devices. In this case only contacts can be transferred via Bluetooth).
2. Check PC settings: Bluetooth devices need to be allowed to find and connect to PC.
3. Turn on the Bluetooth connection in device: Settings > Bluetooth; leave the window open.
4. To pair your device with the PC click the link Show me how in the Phoneswitcher pop-up note or click the link Add connection under the device icon.
5. Select your device from the Bluetooth devices pop-up window.
6. Pair your device to the PC and accept queries on the PC as well as on the Windows Phone.
7. When data is read from the device, you can proceed with the transfer to Windows Phone. Contacts are transferred via Bluetooth connection, and the other contents via the USB cable.
Transfer data to the Windows Phone:
1. Connect your device to PC with a USB cable.
2. When Windows Phone is a target device, sign in using the button Sign in to Microsoft account. If you don’t have an account yet (e.g. Hotmail), you can create one following the link Sign up in the pop-up window.
3. Transfer data to Windows Phone. Contacts and calendar are transferred to the Microsoft account and other data via the USB cable.
4. After the transfer is completed go to Windows Phone Settings and open email + accounts. Add a Microsoft account to the settings and synchronize data with the device.
Try if any of the following steps will solve your problem:
Disconnect and reconnect the device to a USB port
If possible connect your device to a different USB port
Restart the service (press F5)
Restart PiceaOne application on your PC
Restart both source and target devices
Android devices: Check if correct settings are on:
USB-debugging mode (check a separate FAQ document)
Media device (MTP settings)
Android 4.x-: Turn on Media device (MTP):Connect a USB cable and open notification bar by swiping down from the top of the device display, select USB connection established and tick a checkbox Media device (MTP)
Android 2.x–3.x: Turn on USB Mass Storage mode:Connect your device to PC with a USB cable and open notification bar by swiping down from the top of the device display. Touch USB connected and select Connect USB memory
iPhone and iPad devices:
Turn off the Passcode from device menu according to instructions: Settings > Passcode, or Settings > Touch ID > Passcode, or Settings > General > Passcode.
When iPhone (iPad) is a target device the setting Find my iPhone needs to be turned off. Do not activate iCloud sync when iPhone (iPad) is a target device as it activates Find my iPhone setting.
Remember to accept connection to PC on device display by accepting the query Do you trust this PC?
Create a new calendar entry on a target device and refresh the PC display by pressing F5. If this doesn’t solve the problem, create an Android account and re-connect the device. Now the icon will become visible and you will be able to transfer calendar entries to the target device.
You can transfer Contacts by connecting a source device using Bluetooth connection. Start pairing your device by clicking the ‘Add connection’ button and follow instructions on your PC display. A target device must be connected to PC with a USB cable.